Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:16pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, Welcome to SprayGunIndustry.com - Spray Chat - Talk with the Professor. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

restlessdreams

Unregistered

Monday, November 24th 2008, 6:05am

Best Clearcoat gun

I don't use an HVLP for clearcoating, i use a traditional siphon feed.

I am looking for a gun for myself and was looking at the devilbiss jga or the iwata w-200-152s

What would be the best siphon gun out there?

restlessdreams

Unregistered

Monday, November 24th 2008, 6:09am

Oh, and i don't have a price limit.

And i like overspray, so HVLP and such are out of the question! :pinch:

joemorpam

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 1:18am

Best Clear Coat Gun

I'm confused myself, based on the descriptions of the guns in different sections of the site.

It says Optima 900L LVLP but then in the other area of the site it says Sata 3000 RP Digital.

Is it either of the two? Or another gun? Regardless of cost.

I just want the best knowing that if i mastered the gun the outcome finish can't get better unless another gun comes out.

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 8:22pm

BEST CLEAR MONEY CAN BUY

The hands down winner clear coat gun is the New W400LV by Iwata. This RP series gun is fantastic and has less overspray than its competition. The LVH400LV is also a great clear gun. These would be some of the best guns to purchase. This is the largest spray gun company in the world so support is great.

2nd choice would be the Optima. If you want a German spray gun this is the best German clear coat gun. Yes, better than its competitor. They drop ship so if you need support it is not a problem.

Thirdly. the SATA 3000 RP is a good clear gun. It is not as good as the two mentioned above but it is very popular (marketing). One problem is parts. if you bend a needle you have to spend around $250.00 to have it fixed because SATA wont sell you only the needle. And since parts are not available on the Internet, it may be difficult to find support in your area.

The New DeVilbiss CVI is also a RP gun and sprays very well and over $100 less than its competition. You will be hard pressed to see the difference between this gun and its German competitors.

An honorable mention goes to Sharpe the Razor RP is a good gun for less money. Spraygunworld has an exclusive sale on this gun.

Rate this thread